Do I have to insure incidental help?

We understand that every pet sitter needs an occasional helper. Coverage is included automatically should you need to hire someone on a temporary basis in the event of an emergency, illness, or to help during your busy season.

To qualify as an incidental helper, the person must:

  • work less than 30 days within one year
  • not be paid more than $600 annually (based on the IRS guidelines)

If your helper does not fit these guidelines, you would need to add them to your membership/insurance certificate as an employee for an additional $90.

As many situations may vary, we suggest you discuss your specific situation with a Pet Sitters Associates representative.